Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 17, 2008

Doctor's visits and Diabetes

Before we went to South Carolina I got a phone call from the doctor's office telling me that I had failed my glucose screening and needed to come in for a three hour diabetes test. I wasn't too concerned because I barely failed it. I needed to be at 140 after 1 hour and I was at 146. No big deal, right? WRONG! I failed two of the four blood screenings during the 3 hour test. I was very upset about this because I do not like needles. They said it would be controlled by diet, but that I would need to prick myself 5 times a day to test my blood sugar! No fun. This also meant more doctor's appointments. I had to meet with a dietician and now need sonograms once a month (basically two more than I would have had). The sonograms are the good part of this because I get to see how big she is getting. We will see how I do with this new diagnosis. Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention the week before we went to SC I was diagnosed with Carpel Tunnel Syndrome brought on by the excess fluid during pregnancy! SO MUCH FUN!?!?!? Can you hear the sarcasim? For that I can take Tylenol and wear and arm brace. I usually just wear it at night though.

Love,
Shanda

No comments: