Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Decorating Her Room

Sorry this is so long, but I wanted to get it all in while I had the chance!

My mom, Aunt Mary, my sister and I have made a few trips to Canton to get just the right decorations for Karlie's room. It is VERY girly! I'm still missing a few things, like the valance, but here is a look at her room!

Photobucket

The clothes line above her bed is from Aunt Mary and the lamp shade is from Nana! We got the lamp shade first and Nana had to have it! It worked out perfect because it matched the crib sheet. The clothes line was perfect because it was the right colors and it had polka dots and stripes like her bedding! Thanks Nana and Aunt Mary for helping us make her room perfect! Here's a closer look at each one.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


If you click on the link I think you can see this up close. It says, "I found my prince He's my Daddy" I love this and I think secretly Daddy does too!

Photobucket

The book shelf and baskets are a gift from Tom and Denise, Kyle's Dad and Step-Mom, a/k/a Papa & 'Nise! It is from Pottery Barn and I LOVE it! It matches perfect with her furniture and she will be able to use it for years to come! Here's a closer look...
Bookshelf with baskets from Papa & 'Nise

I bought the letters from Pottery Barn also and Aunt Tracie worked hard putting the ribbon on them and hanging them up! That was a lot of work!
Photobucket

Photobucket

The hooks are behind her door so that Karlie can hang her jacket on when she comes in each day! The tool that is tied to one of them is from my Nephew Kaden. I bought he and Cooper a decoration for their bathroom and it was hanging by this tool. We thought it made it a little girly so they got some ribbon that matched the bathroom and gave Karlie the tool for her room! Isn't that sweet?

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is a bow holder that Aunt Tracie made for Karlie. She got the K and the crown in Canton and then added the ribbon. It is so cute and will look really good once we get all of her bows on it! Thanks Aunt Tracie!

Photobucket

When I get it completely finished I will post the rest of the pictures!

Thank you so much Mom, Tracie, Aunt Mary and Denise for all of the cute decorations! Tracie and Mom, I couldn't have finished her room without your help! Thanks for painting and decorating for/with me! I love you both! Here are a few more pictures of us decorating the room...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And these are the little ones that made a few trips to hang out at the house as their mommy helped me! This is Kaden and Cooper, two of my nephews. They have played in Karlie's bed and room and watched movies in the guest room while we worked to get it finished!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I hope you like it!

2 comments:

Donnell Days said...

Her room is PRECIOUS!!!! Can't wait to see you at your shower! :)

Megan Sommer said...

are you going to post the baby shower pictures? cant wait to see them. Megan