Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 17, 2008

11/17/08 Update

Hello everyone! Just wanted to let you know I'm officially on bed rest at least for two days. I had a lot of swelling in my feet/calves/knees this weekend. I spent most of the weekend on the couch with my feet up. This morning I was still pretty swollen and my legs felt bruised so I called the OB nurse. My doctor was out today, but she got me in to see one of the other doctors in the practice. My blood pressure was good 126/72 so she wasn't too concerned. She is having me do ANOTHER 24 hour urine test (I just did one last Tuesday) to make sure everything is still ok. In the mean time I am on bed rest until I bring that test in on Wednesday and see Dr. Perugini. Dr. Freeman said my swelling was "impressive" and could be caused by the blood not being able to flow back up to my body because of the extra weight (Karlie) on the blood vessels at the top of my legs. I was a little stressed at first about work and missing too many days, but my assistant principal assured me they would work it out. We have MORE than enough math teachers on the campus that can step in and teach a lesson if need be. I will let you know if this is permanent or temporary! The other thing Dr. Freeman said is, "That's a big baby in there!" Let's hope not TOO big! I want to be able to deliver her! Keep us in your prayers! Love, Shanda

5 comments:

Megan Sommer said...

oh... oops, i guess you did blog it...

Dawn said...

You poor thing! I'll be thinking about you!

Morale said...

So sorry you feel so bad. I heard the other day that Bananas help with cutting your sodium, which might help with your blood pressure, and swelling. Just a thought. Just prop those feet up and catch up on your soaps. It will all be better soon. = )

The Guess Family said...

Hey Shanda!

Sorry to hear about your swelling! Hopefully it will go away. In the mean time....enjoy a few days on the couch watching TV, reading and snoozing! There won't be many of those days in your future!!!

Donnell Days said...

So sorry to hear about this! I hope you get good news when you go back to the doctor. I will definitely be praying for you.